The purpose of network switching
Find the nearest isolation and shut-off valves to disconnect and isolate a network element (pipes, consumer, etc.).
Network switching tasks can be called supervisory; when performing these tasks, users analyze a network topology model without carrying out a hydraulic analysis.
- In order to perform network switching tasks, ALL gate valves must be displayed.
- There are 2 categories of layers: a network topology model and an underlying layer with buildings and construction projects.
- The model opens in a read-only mode, no changes are added to the mathematical model.
The outcomes of network switching
- Retrieve a list of isolation and shut-off valves
- Create a list of disconnected network objects
- Create a list of disconnected buildings and construction projects
- Print and export to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet
ZuluHydro displays disconnected network sections and consumers on a map in color code, and helps to determine the total values: calculate water volumes that may have to be drained from pipelines of a water supply system.
See also: Building piezometric graphs