A DIGITAL MODEL OF AN URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND WASTEWATER DISPOSAL SYSTEM
A digital model of a water supply and wastewater disposal system is an information system that comprises databases, software, and hardware, designed for storing, monitoring, and updating information about the technical and economic performance of centralized systems of hot water supply, cold water supply and/or wastewater disposal, implementing real-time supervisory control in the specified centralized systems, and performing hydraulic calculations.
The use of geographic information technologies by organizations that design and operate water supply and wastewater disposal systems becomes a necessary condition for fulfilling their objectives.
Geographic information system ZuluGIS as well as calculation and analysis modules ZuluHydro and ZuluDrain make it possible to complete the following set of tasks:
- Graphically represent the features of central water supply and/or wastewater disposal systems georeferenced to a topographical basemap of the municipality.
- Describe the main features of central water supply and/or wastewater disposal systems.
- Describe the actual characteristics of the operating conditions of centralized water supply and/or wastewater disposal systems (hourly flow rate and pressure head for all pumping stations during the hours of maximum, minimum, and average water intake, fires, and accidents on the main pipelines and networks, depending on the season), and their elements.
- Simulate all types of switches carried out in centralized water supply and/or wastewater disposal systems (changing the state of shut-off and control valves, switching on and off, regulating groups of pump units, changing the regulator settings).
- Determine the water and wastewater flow rates, and calculate the head loss for pipeline segments of water supply and wastewater disposal systems.
- Perform the hydraulic calculations and analysis for wastewater disposal systems (gravity and force main).
- Analyze the variations in the characteristics of features of centralized water supply and/or wastewater disposal systems (pipeline segments of water supply and/or wastewater disposal systems, consumers' pumping stations) in order to model various schemes.
- Assess the implementation of scenarios for the long-term development of centralized water supply and/or wastewater disposal systems in terms of providing water supply and sewage disposal.