Main features of adjustmentZuluThermo Online Help «Adjustment»
The purpose of adjustment
Adjustment calculations are primarily used to determine the diameters of orifice plates and ejector nozzles to provide each consumer with an optimal amount of water and heat energy by reducing excess pressure.
Check flow capacity of a heat network
During the calculations, the network is being tested for its ability to pass design flows. If there is not enough available pressure head at one or several consumers, the program determines the minimum required pressure head at the source.
Flow rates of a heat transfer fluid for heating and ventilation systems are determined according to design loads for design outdoor temperature.
Flow rates for a hot water supply system are determined according to the minimum temperature limit.
Heat loss calculations
The calculations can take into account the increase in circulation to compensate for the cooling of a heat transfer fluid on the way to consumers.
Heat losses are determined based on a type of pipe installation, according to standards or actual insulation parameters.
Connection configurations for consumers and district heating substations
Adjustment calculations are used for consumers and district heating substations with various connection configurations. For heating systems - a direct connection, mechanical (elevator) or pump mixing, a separate connection through a heat exchanger. For hot water supply - an open system or closed single-stage and two-stage systems (see all).
Determine diameters of orifice plates and locations for their installation
The program enables users to calculate the diameters of throttling devices in a heat network, heating and ventilation systems, and a hot water supply system.
The locations for installing orifice plates and other control devices are determined according to the hydraulic operating conditions.
Analyze complex networks
The number of elements included in a network being adjusted is unlimited.
Users can perform calculations for networks powered by several sources simultaneously.
For networks with a cascade connection of consumers to the source through one or several district heating substations, the calculations are performed in one go.
Adjustment enables users to
- simulate design operating conditions of a heat network
- check flow capacity of a heat network
- reduce the amount of circulating and makeup water by rationally managing the hydraulic operating conditions of heat networks
- identify heat network pipes that limit flow capacity
- perform calculations for a partially automated heat network, taking into account the automatic control devices installed at the consumers’ premises or in district heating substations
- in the absence of automatic control devices, identify parameters and installation locations of throttling devices that reduce excess available pressure head
- adjust the network with increased circulation in order to compensate for the cooling of a heat transfer fluid on the way to consumers